Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just being a little emotional


Well as I sit here on this Sunday afternoon, I have a million last minute things I need to get done before my summer is officially over. Yet, I just sit here and think of how sad I really am. Don't get me wrong I feel so blessed to have a job that I absolutely love, but man I love summer and I have truly loved being with my kids this summer. As I said in an earlier post, last summer I didn't get to enjoy time and fun with my kids because I had 3 different surgeries; therefore, this summer I promised myself I would make that up to my children. And we did!! My two kids make me feel so proud each day. I am truly blessed to be called their mom. We started the summer off with a great family vacation in San Diego and Newport Beach where they cheered me on to complete my first marathon ever and where were able to spend time with precious friends. When we came home from vacation, we basically went to Schlitterbahn once or twice a week and just enjoyed playing at home. The first week of July brought another great year at church camp where my precious girl sang in front of 400+ people and man did that make mama proud. After church camp, we have just enjoyed the river and schlitterbahn several days a week. To wrap up the summer, we were blessed to go on an amazing beach vacation with my family. That all being said, I can't help but feel a little sad that it is all over. I think another reason why I feel sadness is that my baby is going to Kindergarden this year and my little princess is in 3rd grade, Yes I said 3rd grade. As I start my eleventh year of teaching tomorrow, I am so excited to be coaching basketball again. I just wish I could sleep until 8 each day then go to school:) Anyway I wish everyone a great upcoming school year and thank you God for such a wonderful summer.

In HIm,

Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment